They say learning is good for your brain. Keep the neurons firing strong, keep the brain nimble, what-have-you.
This has been an interesting year for me. In the last twelve months, I've spent serious time with the following technologies. Some of them, I've never touched before. I think I may be nearing a serious case of brain overload...
- Java: Yes, I've used it for 12 years, but it's still a context change, especially with all the libraries.
- HTML: Libraries like jQuery and updates to CSS make it a new game!
- CSS: It's changed a lot since I last used it!
- BungeeConnect: I still wish them the best of luck.
- Objective C
- The iPhone SDK
- Sqlite3 C API
- Flex Data Services
- ActionScript 3
- SQL Sybase is the flavor of the month.
On the one hand, I can't imagine being the type who didn't want to keep learning and trying new things. On the other hand, sometimes it would be nice to not think about this stuff for a while. But I still want to become learn Emacs lisp, Haskell, and Ruby. Oh, and I want to find the perfect project for Erlang, too.
Overall, I think I'm spending too much time in front of my computer. Maybe it's time to write a Photoshop plugin so I can force myself to pull out my camera. :) Hmm, maybe I can write a filter that will parallelize nicely across multiple machines using Erlang.
I might even have time for it if I could reduce my Hacker News (good, insightful comments) and Reddit (a sense of humor) time.
Image provided by Clipart from Clipartheaven.com