- On Reqs and Specs: The Roles and Behaviors for Effective Product Definition: A great discussion on understanding the split between requirements, design, and specification. Make sure to read the comments, too.
- Business is a Social Activity - A Business Anthropologist's View: While the geek side of me thrills at the science here, it is also a good reminder that we can never forget the people in and around our business.
- The Use of a Product Innovation Charter in Product Development: Make sure your new product development is keeping a strategic focus with a product innovation charter. It can be so easy to get caught up in tactical details.
- Call To Action; You need to have me at hello: As a product manager of any type of service, the sign-up call to action is critical. This is a good case study of one site that got it right, and one site that did not.
- 7 Essential Productivity Tools for Product Managers: A really great set of tools for the product manager. The author gives the caveat that they are "mostly Mac-based", but only two of them are actually Mac-only.
Friday, November 6, 2009
From the Intrawebs - November 6
Been a very busy week for me, so I haven't had a chance to get the post out I was hoping to. In the meantime, here is this week's picks.
Labels: From the Intrawebs